[Insight-users] Need advice on LV MRI segmentation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Nov 22 13:26:50 EST 2009

Hi Barry,

I couldn't access your web site today.
Is it still available ?

--

Also, we just committed a fix to the Doxygen documentation of
the itkBalloonForceFilter:
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Algorithms/itkBalloonForceFilter.h?root=Insight&r1=1.41&r2=1.42&sortby=date

   Thanks for helping us track this problem.

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 10:19 PM, Barry Branham <bhb at branham.ws> wrote:
> Hi Luis,
>
> I just resurrected my website using Drupal this afternoon.  It was either
> that or facebook.
> I put the Dicom file and two screen shots at
> http://branham.ws/?q=Navigation/4
>
> I revisited BalloonForceFilter, Luis, and discovered you were actually right
> the first time in saying it was for 3D.  It's just the description that is
> wrong.  It is in fact BalloonForce3DFilter.  The reason it was crashing for
> me was I was giving it a 2D Mesh and it was trying to access the 3rd dim
> components.  The test app you mentioned "itk2DDeformableTest.cxx", uses
> Mesh<double> with the default Dimension parameter == 3 and then uses
> SphereMeshSource to initialize the mesh.  So itk2DDeformableTest.cxx should
> be renamed and the description in itkBalloonForceFilter.h needs updating.
>
> Looking forward to any ideas on segmenting the Epi.
>
> Thanks,
> Barry
>

> Luis Ibanez wrote:
>>
>> Hi Barry,
>>
>> Could you please post screenshots of your images to a public web site ?
>>
>> In particular, the original tagged MRI image, and the segmentation that
>> you are obtaining so far.
>>
>> If we can see the images, it will be a lot easier to advise you on the
>> potential segmentation methods that you may want to try.
>>
>>     Regards,
>>

>>            Luis

>> On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Barry Branham <bhb at branham.ws> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm working on a project to segment left ventricular walls from 2D MRI
>>> images and would like to get advice on how to proceed with the epicardial
>>> walls.
>>>
>>> My project is to segment left ventricular walls (the round ones) from 2D
>>> MRI
>>> images.  I'm using 2D because the main application uses Tagged MRI images
>>> for determining tissue displacements for input into an FEA application