[Insight-users] Problem in running the build

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Nov 25 18:23:24 EST 2009

Hi Meena,

Thanks for the additional information.

It looks like you are accessing an uninitialized pointer.

or..

you may be mixing compilation modes.

Please make sure that you build ALL your libraries and the application
with EXACTLY the SAME compilation mode. For example, you should
build all for Debug, or all for Release.

At this point there isn't much that we could do for you. Since the error
may be coming from any place in the code

What you should do is to build all the libraries in Debug mode,
and build your application in Debug mode, and finally run it
from the Visual Studio debugger.  In this way, when the program crashes
at run time,  you will get a list of functions in the call stack.

One of them is most likely pointing to:

   a) an uninitialized pointer, or
   b) a pointer whose memory has already been released

Please let us know what you find in your debugging session,