[Insight-users] question about one of Insight-Jorunal entries

Kaveh Kohan kaveh.kohan at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 3 19:57:58 EDT 2009

Dear All,

I have a question about the following entry to Insight-Journal and I would be thankful if you answer:

An ITK Implementation of the Symmetric Log-Domain Diffeomorphic Demons Algorithm
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/644

I have questions about some classes that I cannot find enough information from Journal and documentation:

* What is difference between these two classes:
"SymmetricLogDomainDemonRegistrationFilter" and
"LogDomainDemonRegistrationFilter"? Please correct me if I am wrong:
one if them is inverse consistent namely \phi = \exp(v) and \phi^{-1} =
\exp(-v) and another one is not? Is it right? If that is the case then
SymmetricLogDomainDemonRegistrationFilter is inverse consistent but you
did not include "itkVelocityFieldBCHCompositionFilter.h", don't you
need it there? From documentation, I didn't understand the difference.

* There is a class called "NCCRegistrationFunction2" what is this class for? It seems that you did not instantiate it anywhere, right?

*
If I want to add extra input to the registration method,
here is the class I need to change, please correct me if I am wrong:
- itkESMDemonsRegistrationFunction
-itkLogDomainDemonsRegistrationFilter
-itkSymmetricLogDomainDemonsRegistrationFilter
-itkLogDomainDeformableRegistrationFilter
-itkMultiResolutionLogDomainDeformableRegistration

Is there anything else I need to change?

* In the Journal, it said that CMake needs to know
(optionally) the path to MATLAB. I was wondering why is that the case,
does your program interface with MATLAB? Where that code is?

Sorry for asking several questions,

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Kaveh