[Insight-users] Bug - reading series with one image not possible

itkvtk123 at gmx.net itkvtk123 at gmx.net
Tue Sep 15 10:30:04 EDT 2009

Hey Luis,

I think there is still a bug in itkImageSeriesReader.txx

Reading a single DICOM-File with ImageSeriesReader causes "Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'sliceStartIndex' was corrupted".

Curiously, the bug only appears in Debug-Mode. Release mode is working fine.

I saw that you solved the bug in

http://www.vtk.org/Bug/file_download.php?file_id=2322&type=bug

but when I open up my itkImageSeriesReader.txx (itk 3.14) there is still the line

sliceStartIndex[m_NumberOfDimensionsInImage] = i; //wrong

instead of

sliceStartIndex[m_NumberOfDimensionsInImage-1] = i; //fixed

Did you forget to put it in the current release? Or is the current release older than Jun 2009?
When will the next version (with the fix) of ITK be released?