[Insight-users] start ITK

Elena Motta nena235 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 09:07:10 EDT 2009

Hi,
I have just installed MinGW CMake 2.6 and ITK 3.14 on WinXP, but I have many
uncertainty.
In CMake I have set:
- soruce code: C:\Programmi\ITK\InsightToolkit-3.14.0
- binaries: C:\Programmi\ITK\ITK_BIN_DIR
The configuration has gone to good end and I has been able to do "generate."

But...
1) in the folder C:\Programmi\ITK\ITK_BIN_DIR now there is various other
folders and files, but in the subdirectory "bin" there is no anything, is it
correct?

2) I try to do the project "Hello Word" like this described in
"ItkSoftwareGuide" in a directory named "C:\Documents and
Settings\EMotta\Documenti\Documenti ele\Prova_ITK", where I put the
CMakeLists.txt and my project "HelloWorld". This is what I wrote in
CMakeList.txt:

*cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)

PROJECT(HelloWorld)
INCLUDE_REGULAR_EXPRESSION("^.*$")

SET(InsightToolkit_SOURCE_DIR C:/Programmi/ITK/InsightToolkit-3.14.0)

FIND_PACKAGE(ITK)
IF(ITK_FOUND)
             INCLUDE(${ITK_USE:FILE})
ELSE(ITK_FOUND)
MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR "ITK not found. AAAAAAARRRRRGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!")
ENDIF(ITK_FOUND)

INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${Prova_ITK})

ADD_EXECUTABLE(HelloWorld HelloWorld.cxx )

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(HelloWorld ITKCommon)*

But when I set in CMake:
- source: C:/Documents and Settings/EMotta/Documenti/Documenti ele/Prova_ITK
- binaries: C:/Programmi/ITK/ITK_BIN_DIR

the message is:

*CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:13 (MESSAGE):*

* ITK not found. AAAAAAARRRRRGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!*

*Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!*

What am I wrong?
Sorry for my minimalist english, thank you for the help.

elena