[Insight-users] Registering images using Spatial Object Masks

itkvtk123 at gmx.net itkvtk123 at gmx.net
Fri Sep 18 07:07:29 EDT 2009

I want to register image1 with image2.
Both images have same size, but I'm only interested in registering a subsection of image2 with image1.

I used the RegionOfInterest-Filter to request the desired region.
But now registration fails with "region is at least partially outside the largest possible region".
This is weird, since when I request a ROI which exactly contains the entire image, the error occurs as well and when I dont use the ROI filter, the error does not occur (-> bug?).

Since the ROI way did not work, I would like to try using masks.
However, I did not found an example of creating a spatial object (box) which I can use as a mask.
I would like to specify a box in imagespace, e.g. from point (x1,y1) to point (x2,y2) everything inside image2 inside this box I want to register with image1.
In the users guide I only found an example of reading the mask from a binary file, but I do not want to create a mask image, I want to directly create a spatial object and apply it as a mask.

Thanks a lot.