[Insight-users] ITK Level Set Segmentation

Aditya Gupta adityargupta at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 18:48:31 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm using Level Set Segmentation for my project *and* *am* trying
*to*develop my own speed function. I've included the file
itkSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter.h *and* then was *adding* some functions
*to* this file *and* I realized that with the original header file I'm
getting errors. Below is *a* very simple program where I'm creating
*an*instance of
*a* pointer *to* this filter *and* I'm getting the error that follows the
program. I've tried changing data types but I'm unable *to* get rid of this
error. Please help... Thank you.

#include "itkImage.h"
#include "itkImageFileReader.h"
#include "itkImageFileWriter.h"
#include "itkSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter.h"

int main( int *argc*, char **argv*[] )
{
  typedef   float           InternalPixelType;
  const unsigned int    Dimension = 2;
  typedef itk::Image< InternalPixelType, Dimension >  InternalImageType;

        typedef itk::SegmentationLevelSetImageFilter<InternalImageType,
InternalImageType> SLSfilter;

// *ACTUAL* LEVEL SET starts

        SLSfilter::Pointer multipleLevelSet = SLSfilter::New();

  return 0;
}

ERROR:
1>------ Build started: Project: cellSegmentation, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>cellSegmentation.cxx
1>.\cellSegmentation.cxx(32) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert
from 'itk::SmartPointer<*TObjectType*>' *to* 'itk::SmartPointer<*TObjectType
*>'
1>        with
1>        [
1>            *TObjectType*=itk::SparseFieldLevelSetImageFilter<InternalImageType,
itk::Image<InternalPixelType,2>>
1>        ]
1>        *and*
1>        [
1>            *TObjectType*=itk::SegmentationLevelSetImageFilter<InternalImageType,InternalImageType>

1>        ]
1>        No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload
resolution was *ambiguous*
1>Build log was saved *at* "file://c:\Documents *and* Settings\USER\My
Documents\Visual Studio
2008\Projects\CellSegm01\cellSegmentation.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>cellSegmentation - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
2>------ Skipped Build: Project: *ALL_BUILD*, Configuration: Debug Win32
------

Originally I had *a* longer program with the speed function *and* I was
landing into the error below. Then I reduced the program *to* the very basic
(*above*) *and* still I get the error.

1>------ Build started: Project: cellSegmentation, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>cellSegmentation.cxx
1>c:\documents *and* settings\user\my documents\visual studio
2008\projects\cellsegm01\itkSNAPLevelSetFunction.txx(347) : error C2664:
'itk::VectorLinearInterpolateImageFunction<TInputImage,TCoordRep>::EvaluateAtContinuousIndex'
: cannot convert parameter 1 from
'itk::ContinuousIndex<TCoordRep,VIndexDimension>' *to* 'const
itk::ContinuousIndex<TCoordRep,VIndexDimension> &'
1>        with
1>        [
1>            TInputImage=itk::Image<itk::FixedArray<float,2>,2>,
1>            TCoordRep=float
1>        ]
1>        *and*
1>        [
1>            TCoordRep=double,
1>            VIndexDimension=2
1>        ]
1>        *and*
1>        [
1>            TCoordRep=float,
1>            VIndexDimension=2
1>        ]
1>        Reason: cannot convert from
'itk::ContinuousIndex<TCoordRep,VIndexDimension>' *to* 'const
itk::ContinuousIndex<TCoordRep,VIndexDimension>'
1>        with
1>        [
1>            TCoordRep=double,
1>            VIndexDimension=2
1>        *and*
1>            TCoordRep=float,
1>            VIndexDimension=2
1>        No user-defined-conversion operator *available* that can perform
this conversion, or the operator cannot be called

Thank you for your help...

Gupt