[Insight-users] Extract Image Filter

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 02:59:04 EDT 2009

Hi Gita,

The center point is the position you want to be in the middle of the
resultant image. The "up" vector is simply a vector used to create the
orthogonal frame of reference (given the direction vector and the "up"
vector, you can derive the third orthogonal vector using the cross
product). Therefore the "up" vector can be any arbitrary vector you
desire (so long as it is not the same as the direction vector). The
"up" vector determines the orientation of the resultant 2D image.

Did you run the tests can came with the paper? The following test will
probably be of special interest, as it extracts a cross section of a
synthetic vessel (see Testing/CMakeLists.txt at 107):

ADD_TEST(
    Synthetic_01_Section_Tube
    ${SOURCE_TEST_DRIVER}
    Test_LookAt_ObliqueSection
    ${TESTING_OUTPUT_PATH}/Synthetic-01-Section-Tube.mhd
    ${DATA_PATH}/Synthetic-01.mhd
    14 65 37 0 4 -1 0 1 0
)

I have attached a MIP of the synthetic tube (the red cross is the
center point). The "up" vector was chosen arbitrarily. The direction
vector roughly corresponds to the direction of the tube/vessel.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dan