[Insight-users] LBFGS with Centered2DTransform: All points mapped to outside of the moving image

Felix.Bollenbeck at iff.fraunhofer.de Felix.Bollenbeck at iff.fraunhofer.de
Wed Sep 30 09:39:54 EDT 2009

Dear ITK user,

I want to use the LBFGS for centered 2D registration, instead of gradient
descent, hoping for a little speed-up.

I exchanged the optimizer in one of the multi-res examples.

(The regular step gradient optimization works fine. )

The LBFGS version complains though:

"All points mapped to outside of the moving image"

I assume, I have made two possible errors:

        1. Scales are not passed correctly to the LBFGS and back, so that
the floating image is indeed way off course

and /or

        2. Transform and/or Metric do not deliver derivatives as the
optimizer expects it, and the registration method assumes that these
values are zero

The exeception is thrown before any optimizer positions are printed.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Regards,

Felix.