[Insight-users] Interpolating over multiple images

Andriy Fedorov fedorov at bwh.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 6 13:40:09 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have several MRI volumes of the same anatomy, which have been
spatially aligned. These volumes have been acquired using different
(orthogonal) acquisition direction, so they have thick slices, but in
orthogonal planes with respect to each other.  I would like to
construct one volume, which would essentially combine the input
volumes, interpolate over the multiple input volumes to produce an
image of better resolution.

Is there something in ITK that could be used to help me in solving
this problem? It seems I need to do some sort of weighted averaging
over the neighboring voxels from the input volumes. Can anyone suggest
how to approach this problem?

Thanks

Andriy Fedorov