[Insight-users] Interpolating over multiple images

Andriy Fedorov fedorov at bwh.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 6 16:48:59 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 14:45, Nick Tustison <ntustison at wustl.edu> wrote:
> Hi Andriy,
> Have you thought about using the
> itkBSplineScatteredDataPointSetToImageFilter?

Hi Nick,

Yes, I did think about this.

However, the volumes are quite large, and, if I understand correctly
how this will be implemented, I would need to add voxel
coordinates/value pair for each voxel in each of the image to the
point set to initialize the bspline filter. Please correct me if I am
wrong. I was wondering, if there is an approach, which would just take
an arbitrary number of images, and would do interpolation by reading
directly from those images.

Perhaps such filter can be derived from the functionality already
present in itkBSplineScatteredDataPointSetToImageFilter.

In any case, I am working on implementing the approach based on your
filter right now. Let's see how this goes.

Thanks for the reply!

AF