[Insight-users] Cone spatial object ?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Apr 9 18:24:08 EDT 2010

Hi Somi,

The problem is that a Mesh Spatial object assumes
that "inside" means:

          "in the 2D manifold of its surface"

So, the points of space that are "inside" your mesh
are the ones "close enough to the mesh surface".

If you look at the source code implementation of this
class, the test is done by checking whether a given
point is inside any of the triangles of the Mesh.

--

You probably should use the itkEllipseSpatialObject
along with the SpatialObjectToImageFilter

as illustrated in the example:

     Insight/Examples/Filtering/
                     SpatialObjectToImage1.cxx

This example shows you how to generate a rasterized
Sphere.  (you probably would like to remove the cylinder
that is also used in that source code example).