[Insight-users] ~vnl_svd() {} misterious runtime error

Osc@r Math olguna at cimat.mx
Fri Apr 9 20:09:04 EDT 2010

Hi All
!!!

Recently I took back an ITK-VTK-BCB5 project, but as I know ITK & VTK
improves, I decided to update those toolkits (by the way, congrats!!! For
this big effort).

Actually, compiled ITK 3.16 & VTK 5.4.2 Releases

BCB 5 with Borland C++ compiler 5.5.

Today I  get a runtime error that it’s pretty mysterious (at least for me)

The application reads a 3D image by VTK reader, show it by VTK
renderization, send it to ITK pipeline, calculates partial derivatives &
magnitude gradient, then save Dx, Dy, Dz & |V|.

The image has a spacing, an origin, among others

When spacing is 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 there’s no problem, everything works fine,

but if spacing changes anyone of those dimensions, application crashes.

The application is capable to read image, show it, but when tries to connect
VTKReader to ITKCaster (is first action with ITK) send an “Abnormal Program
Termination”

In Debug mode I realize that crashes trying to execute

~vnl_svd() {}

In vnl_svd.h file and mark an error like:

 Access violation at address XXXX

If continue debugging, crashes too in:

~vnl_diag_matrix() {}

In vnl_diag_matrix.h file with similar error

And finally throws an “Abnormal Program Termination”

I didn´t know why tries to invert a matrix that contains

xSpacing     0                      0

       0      ySpacing              0

      0             0               zSpacing

¡¡¡ Someone could help me !!!