[Insight-users] suppress shearing

Erik Türke tuerke at cbs.mpg.de
Sat Apr 10 05:18:12 EDT 2010

On 04/09/2010 11:48 PM, Luis Ibanez wrote:

> Hi Erik,
>
> A transform that allows for rotation and for anisotropic scaling
> is indirectly allowing for Skewing (or Shearing).
>
> In short,
> it is a transform that does not preserve the angles
> between two straight lines.
>

> In that case, the Affine Transform is what you need.
>

> However,
> you may want to look at the
>
>                   itkScaleSkewVersor3DTransform
>
> http://public.kitware.com/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ScaleSkewVersor3DTransform.html
>

> Just in case
> your definition of "shearing" is a bit more specific....
>

>      Regards,
>

>            Luis

> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Erik Tuerke <tuerke at cbs.mpg.de
> <mailto:tuerke at cbs.mpg.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hi!
>
>     Thanks for the reply!
>
>     Unfortunately i can not rely on an isotropic scaling. Sometimes it
>     will be enough, but the best would be to apply an anisotropic scaling.
>
>     cheers

Hi!

Thanks for your reply!

Actually, what i want to do is ONLY a anisotropic scaling. The reason
why i mentioned the translation and rotation is because i want to set
these parameters gained from a rigid transform as a "initial
parameters". But when applying the Scaling transform, rotation and
translation should be fixed.

Rigid Transform(rotation and translation) - > Scaling
Transform(anisotropic scaling)

So i want to perform the two transforms consecutively without having to
resample the image after the rigid transform.
So my idea was to use a simple affine transform and making the rotation,
translation and shearing parameters fixed by setting the respective
optimizer-scalings to 0. But my guess is now there are no seperate
scaling parameters. :-(

So i have to consider a different approach...

cheers