[Insight-users] restrict level set filter to a non-rectangular region

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Apr 17 19:28:09 EDT 2010

Hi Somi,

The simplest way of restricting the level set to that
section will be to :

1) Mask the input image with the binary image that
    represents the red region.

2) Use the RegionOfInterestImageFilter in order to extract
    from that masked image the region corresponding to
    the bounding box of the red region.

3) Use the resulting smaller image as the input for the
    LevelSet.

Most regions in ITK are specified in terms of rectangular
regions whose walls are parallel to the axis of the image.