[Insight-users] Writing DICOM from non-DICOM

Granseier, Michael (VISUS) granseier at visus.com
Tue Apr 20 08:32:08 EDT 2010

Hello vtk-users,

my questions refers to an article in the Kitware Public Wiki
named "Proposals: Writing DICOM from non-DICOM".
(http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Proposals:Writing_DICOM_from_non-DICOM)

Actually I'm facing exactly this problem.
I want to write a DICOM-Series with the itkImageSeriesWriter and the GDCMImageIO.
But I don't use the itkImageSeriesReader before to read in a DICOM dataset.
Instead I have a raw-File and a mhd-Header-File, which I have written on my own in Java.

So the writer creates a DICOM series with exactly the same problems described in the wiki article.
The article was last modified on 10 April 2006.
I would like to know if there are any solutions for that problem by now.
Or is it possible to manually create a MetaDataDictionary containing all necesary informations from the DICOM-header?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Kind regards

Michael Granseier