[Insight-users] transforming a point location from a diffeomorphic demons deformable registration

John Drozd john.drozd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 17:27:58 EDT 2010

Hello,

I successfully performed a diffeomorphic demons registration between two 3D
MRI images. Each MRI image is a brain scan of a different person.
I used the code that I downloaded from the Insight Journal
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/154, particularly using
DemonsRegistration.cxx from the download.
I viewed the output deformed moving image that the code generated using a
warping with the calculated deformation field and it closely matches the
fixed image. (I deformed the moving image into the fixed image).
The run time was only 3 minutes.

My question is: I would now like to transform locations of physical points
from the fixed image to the moving image and get indexes of these
transformed points in the moving image.
The idea is to use these indexes as seeds in a region growing segmentation.
Is there a way to transform these points?

thank you,
John