[Insight-users] Model-Based-Registration: Adjust model parameters also?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Apr 25 10:35:55 EDT 2010

Hi John,

You are right, the current optimization framework
focuses on manipulating the Transform parameters
without modifying the Model parameters.

One way to go about it, is for you to create a new
type of Transform: T2 that is aware of both the
Transform and the Model.

               T2 = { T1, Model }

and to make the parameters of T2 to be a concatenation
of the T1 parameters and the Model parameters.

Then use T2 as the transform of the registration.

You are strongly encouraged to contribute the T2
transform to the Insight Journal, in order to share
it with other ITK users.

Please let us know if you run into any difficulties
while implementing T2.