[Insight-users] Following a straight line through an image

somi seesomi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 12:24:40 EDT 2010

Hi Dirk,
Although I am not sure if there is any class in ITK for this, but I think
ITK SNAP has a class for volume image ray intersection @
InsightApplications/SNAP/Logic/Common/ImageRayIntersectionFinder
You could probably use that.

Regards,
Somi

Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:15:12 +0200
From: "Dirk Boye" <body at nabla.org>
Subject: [Insight-users] Following a straight line through an image
To: insight-users at itk.org
73cd4e8cfd15ac6667725388a6a93a3f-EhVcX1tJRQBcRwsfDBw3AF9BdAJSS1xcXV9NADBbW0lGVFoBQV5zA0tdXDBeQ0IAWVtcQ1lX-webmailer2 at server03.webmailer.hosteurope.de

Dear list,

I'd like to follow a straight line through an image.
The starting point of the line is outside the image, the end point is
somewhere inside.
What I need to know are the pixel indeces the line passed
and also the length of the line in each pixel. (this is very important)

The image will have anisotropic spacing (like 0.7 x 0.7 x 4)

Can i do this with itkPolyLineParametricPath?
I couldn't find any example code for that.

Thanks,
Dirk