[Insight-users] FastBilateral missing in ITK?

Alexandre GOUAILLARD agouaillard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 23:16:59 EDT 2010

hi alex.

Originally the idea was to let users gives review and when enough
positive reviews were in, the filter would be moved to review first
(with the option to later change the API) and later to ITK (with fixed
API).

Nowadays, practically, you should indeed write reviews for all the
insight journal paper you used/tested wether it is positive or
negative reviews. negative (but constructive) reviews are very
valuable as insight journal let people update their work (both papers
and code). This is very valuable feedback for contributors. Then, if
you, as a user, think the filter is useful, you should let it know on
this mailing list, as you just did, and someone (usually luis by
default) will keep track of it on the wiki.

When a filter is chosen for inclusion, one of the senior itk developer
from the community usually volunteer to help the original contributor
to bring the code to ITK quality level when needed. Help from the
interested users for testing, advices, and so on is then greatly
appreciated.

alternatively, you could see with luis where to put the request on the
wiki so it is taken into consideration for inclusion in ITK for next
releases. There are usually 4 releases a year.

regards,

alex.