[Insight-users] ZEISS Microscopy image file support

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Aug 31 09:30:48 EDT 2010

Not sure about the .zvi but one avenue is to export as a tiff/bmp and
the AxioVision will also export an xml file that contains all the meta
data for the image. Then you need to apply to Zeiss for a license for
the xml format documentation. Then you can write an XML parser that
will parse all the meta data from the xml file.
   Yep, long, arduous and a pain but this is what we ended up doing
instead of trying to support .zvi or reverse engineering the format.
Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio