[Insight-users] ZEISS Microscopy image file support

qianc at ee.ethz.ch qianc at ee.ethz.ch
Tue Aug 31 09:22:16 EDT 2010

Dear list,
I have been working on the microscopy image processing recently. Now
the images I mostly use are taken from a ZEISS 200m Microscope and an
Axiovision software(professional image processing software coming
together with the Microscope, every additional module costs thousands
of dollars).

The image format for Axiovision is call "ZVI". Although the image
could be saved (exported)as tiff...or other normal format, I am afraid
the spatial information will lose. What I would like to do is taking
the advantage of the ITK to process this image format(.zvi file)
directly. Does anyone know if ITK supports this format? Or some other
available plugin for ITK to support it? Any suggestion would be
appreciated. Thanks!
Best,
Cheng Qian