[Insight-users] Scalar vs vector resampler/interpolator

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 05:55:47 EST 2010

Hi all,

I have some existing code which uses the ITK scalar registration
components (including itkResampleImageFilter and
itkLinearInterpolateImageFunction). I now want to extend this code to
work for vector (eg. color) images.

It will be possible (though not straight forward) to perform a kind of
switch within the existing code. E.g.

if ( scalar pixel type )
{
    Use Resample and LinearInterpolate
}
else if ( vector pixel type )
{
    Use VectorResample and VectorLinearInterpolate
}

However, rather than make the switch in my own code, I'm wondering if
it would be possible to do the switch within the ITK components (ie.
make "uber" resampler/interpolator components which work on both
scalar and vector images). I even heard rumors this had once been
discussed on the mailing list...? What would be involved to achieve
this?

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers, Dan