[Insight-users] different variations of demons registration

Zoltan Seress seress.zoltan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 14:15:42 EST 2010

Hi all,

I have browsed the classes of itk 3.16 to get some information about the
variants of the demons registration. I have found these:

1, itkDemonsRegistrationFilter: this is the one algorithm by Thirion: "Image
matching as a Diffusion Process: and Analogy with Maxwell's Demons"
2, itkPointSetToSpatialObjectDemonsRegistration: this is another algorithm
by Thirion
3, itkDiffeomorphicDemonsRegistrationFilter: it is presented by Vercauteren
(http://hdl.handle.net/1926/510) Algorithm 3 should be this one.
4, itkFastSymmetricForcesDemonsRegistrationFilter: it is also presented by
Vercauteren (http://hdl.handle.net/1926/510) Algorithm 2 should be this one.
5, itkSymmetricForcesDemonsRegistrationFilter: There is no additional info
in the description. Has not been this implementation published somewhere?
All I know that it uses both the moving image gradient and the fixed image
gradient, and it is approximately 3 times slower
than itkDemonsRegistrationFilter. Can you tell me more about this filter?

PS: I know about other variants such as log-domain diffeomorphic demons and
symmetric log-domain diffeomorphic demons, but these are too much for once.

--
Zoli