[Insight-users] different variations of demons registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Feb 17 18:59:55 EST 2010

Hi Zoltan,

It seems that you missed the text from the header file:

      itkSymmetricForcesDemonsRegistrationFilter.h

<quote>
* This class was contributed by Corinne Mattmann, ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
 * based on a variation of the DemonsRegistrationFilter. The basic modification
 * is to use equation (5) from Thirion's paper along with the modification for
 * avoiding large deformations when gradients have small values.
 *
 * SymmetricForcesDemonsRegistrationFilter implements the demons
deformable algorithm that
 * register two images by computing the deformation field which will map a
 * moving image onto a fixed image.
</quote>

Is this the information that you are looking for ?

The difference in computation time is due to the fact that this
class computes gradients of both the Fixed image and the
Moving image.