[Insight-users] itkDemonsRegistration: Demon points selection?

Subrahmanyam Gorthi subrahmanyam.gorthi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 04:37:08 EST 2010

Dear ITK users,

I am not sure I correctly understand the ITK demons force implementation. My
question is regarding the choice of demon points. Thirion suggested a
threshold on the image gradient norm as criterion for demon point selection,
that is, not all points of moving and/or fixed image are used for demons
force computation.

In the itkDemonsRegistrationFunction.txx,  it seems that all index points of
the fixed image or mapped points of the moving image are used and only
updating values are dropped depending on denominator values (with a
threshold on the image intensity differences).

But I could not find anything related to a demon points selection upper a
certain value of the gradient image intensity. I probably missed something,
can you please clarify me about this?

Thanks in advance.