[Insight-users] Testing GPU-based Median Filters

Robert.Atwood at diamond.ac.uk Robert.Atwood at diamond.ac.uk
Tue Jan 12 07:27:31 EST 2010

 Hi,

I'd be especially interested if 'large' can be in excess of 5 Gb up to
100 Gb -- especially if multiple GPU boards can be used to advantage
obviously requiring some strategy for sending sections to the GPU's.

1. More generally I'd think  'small' is smaller than the GPU board
memory
                     'medium' is larger than GPU board memory but much
smaller than main memory
                     'large' is larger than main memory
The total (input + output ) may be the important size to consider.

2. no opinion

3. I find values greater than radius=3 not especially useful,  but other
people may have other requirements. Radius=1 or 2 (kernel width 3 or 5)
is what I use  most often.

I can try versions on the system here (multi-Tesla 1070 units) some time

Robert