[Insight-users] discrete vs. recursive Gaussian derivatives image filter

Moti Freiman freiman at cs.huji.ac.il
Sun Jan 17 07:30:43 EST 2010

Hi all,
We tested the output of both discrete and recursive Gaussian
derivatives image filter on synthetic image including only
one pixle with value 1 in the center. All other pixels were set to
zero, expected to get almost similar results.
However, The output of the recursive filter was much higher than the
discrete one, almost in ten Gaussian sigma factor.
We used the normalizedacrossscale option, so we assumed that the
vlaues should be normalized and should get the same value.
Any ideas?
Many thanks.
Moti

--