[Insight-users] CT Lung Segmentation: Extract Outer Contours

frédéric salvador frederic.salvador at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 08:13:02 EST 2010

Dear Richard,

Thank you very much for these comments.

I effectively had good success (= fast & automatic implementation) with the
itk::ConnectedComponentImageFilter to fill the cavities in the lung volume.

Concerning the holes with a contact with the outer surface of the lung, I
guess that morpholigical closing is the best algo to implement. Though, I am
trying to segment the lungs "fasly" (i.e. in 1 minute), and I fear that
operating closing on 512*512*600 image will take too much time.

One more time, thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards.

Frédéric