[Insight-users] itk/vtk/gdcm fconfiguration error

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Thu Jul 1 11:34:31 EDT 2010

Can anyone else verify that there is a problem when statically building
in Release mode latest repositories of gdcm, ITK, VTK with
CMakeCache entries
in gdcm:
GDCM_USE_VTK:BOOL=ON
in ITK:
ITK_USE_SYSTEM_GDCM:BOOL=ON
GDCM_DIR:PATH=path_to_static_build_of_gdcm

using CMake 2.8

Dean

although the configuration succeeds with the manual edits, the build
eventually fails:

Linking CXX static library ..\..\bin\ITKIO.lib
[ 96%] Built target ITKIO
Scanning dependencies of target itkTestDriver
[ 96%] Building CXX object
Code/IO/CMakeFiles/itkTestDriver.dir/itkTestDriver.ob
itkTestDriver.cxx
Linking CXX executable ..\..\bin\itkTestDriver.exe
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'gdcmMSFF.lib'
LINK failed. with 2
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\CMake 2.8\bin\cmake.exe"' :
return
 code '0xffffffff'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\BIN\n
make.exe"' : return code '0x2'