[Insight-users] Different results with ITK_USE_OPTIMIZED_REGISTRATION set to ON or OFF

Thu Jul 1 11:32:39 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have had some strange results when activating the flag
ITK_USE_OPTIMIZED_REGISTRATION. When I resample an image with an
affine transformation using a BSpline interpolation of order different
of 0, I get different results if this flag is activated or not. This
only happens with a BSpline interpolation.
After running a few tests, I realized that this only happens if the
origin of the image and the space directions of the image are unusual
(eg: Origin= (2.33684,2.33846,-2.34) and space
directions=(-0.126316,0,0) (0,-0.123077,0) (0,0,0.12) ). If I set the
origin of my image to (0,0,0) or if I set the space directions to
(1,0,0)(0,1,0)(0,0,1) then the result image with the flag ON or OFF is
the same.
Has anybody else encountered that problem? Which result is correct
(flag ON or flag OFF)?

Sincerely,

Francois