[Insight-users] How to use LevenbergMarquardt optimizer?

Michael Kirches michael.kirches at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 7 05:32:03 EDT 2010

Dear list,

in my current project, I have to solve a numeric optimization problem to get
parameters for coordinate transformations. Some paper I read suggests to use
Levenberg-Marquardt optimization algorithm to solve the optimization
problem.

Generally speaking, I want to transform pixel coordinates from an ultrasound
image into a world coordinate system defined by some tracking system. To do
so, I need to get eight parameters from a given equation.

My question is, if it is possible to use ITK implementation of
Levenberg-Marquardt to solve numeric optimization problems.

Best Regards,
Michael