[Insight-users] Warp Image Filter

Micah Chambers micahc at vt.edu
Mon Jun 14 12:50:27 EDT 2010

I have a program based on the warpImageFilter that fails to converge when
the direction consines for an oriented image (2D) are set to
-1 0
0 -1
I, perhaps incorrectly, thought that the direction matrix merely had to
conform to the requirements that:
the direction vectors are orthogonal
the direction vectors are normal (unit length)
Thus this should fit the bill. However, for some reason an algorithm that
works when ALL images have directions
1 0
0 1
fails to work, and more specifically the warper fails, when the directions
are ALL set to
-1 0
0 -1

Is there a known bug in the warper, am I missing something, or both? Thanks,
-Micah