[Insight-users] Actually implementing a Gabor filter

Neal R. Harvey harve at lanl.gov
Mon Jun 21 14:51:03 EDT 2010

It turns out I can't even get as far as creating a Gabor Kernel Image,
let alone use it in a filtering application.

Here's the basics of the code I have:

#include "itkGaborImageSource.h"

typedef itk::GaborImageSource< ImageType > GaborSourceType;
GaborSourceType::Pointer GaborKernelImage = GaborSourceType::New();

And here's the error I get when building:

../lib/libMamaLib.a(ParticleAnalysis.o): In function
`itk::ObjectFactory<itk::GaborKernelFunction>::Create()':
ParticleAnalysis.cpp:(.text._ZN3itk13ObjectFactoryINS_19GaborKernelFunctionEE6CreateEv[itk::ObjectFactory<itk::GaborKernelFunction>::Create()]+0xe):
undefined reference to `typeinfo for
itk::GaborKernelFunction'
ParticleAnalysis.cpp:(.text._ZN3itk13ObjectFactoryINS_19GaborKernelFunctionEE6CreateEv[itk::ObjectFactory<itk::GaborKernelFunction>::Create()]+0x4f):
undefined reference to `typeinfo for
itk::GaborKernelFunction'
../lib/libMamaLib.a(ParticleAnalysis.o): In function
`itk::GaborKernelFunction::New()':
ParticleAnalysis.cpp:(.text._ZN3itk19GaborKernelFunction3NewEv[itk::GaborKernelFunction::New()]+0x3c):
undefined reference to `itk::GaborKernelFunction::GaborKernelFunction()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Given that the code snippet is so small, and it is based on the example
provided in the "Go-Go Gabor Gadgetry" paper (with only slight
modifications to variable names), I don't really know where to begin, in
terms of finding the cause of the problem.

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Harve