[Insight-users] wrap ITK with Python

A.R.Lopessimoes at ewi.utwente.nl A.R.Lopessimoes at ewi.utwente.nl
Tue Jun 29 09:49:40 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to wrap ITK with Python by following the steps described in:
http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2004-May/008493.html
<http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2004-May/008493.html>

Everything goes well until step K, where I get the following errors in
Cmake:

Could NOT find PythonLibs (missing: PYTHON_LIBRARIES
PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIRS)

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they
are set to NOTFOUND.

Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the
CMake files:

PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR (ADVANCED)

used as include directory in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig

used as include directory in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/SwigRuntime

used as include directory in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/VXLNumerics

used as include directory in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/CommonA

used as include directory in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/CommonB

used as include directory in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/Numerics

used as include directory in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/BasicFiltersA

used as include directory in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/BasicFiltersB

used as include directory in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/IO

used as include directory in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/Algorithms

used as include directory in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/Tests

used as include directory in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/Tests/Tcl

PYTHON_LIBRARY (ADVANCED)

linked by target "SwigRuntimePython" in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/SwigRuntime

linked by target "_VXLNumericsPython" in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/VXLNumerics

linked by target "_ITKCommonAPython" in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/CommonA

linked by target "_ITKCommonBPython" in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/CommonB

linked by target "_ITKNumericsPython" in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/Numerics

linked by target "_ITKBasicFiltersAPython" in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/BasicFiltersA

linked by target "_ITKBasicFiltersBPython" in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/BasicFiltersB

linked by target "_ITKIOPython" in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/IO

linked by target "_ITKAlgorithmsPython" in directory
C:/Development/Insight/Wrapping/CSwig/Algorithms

I'm using CMake 2.8.2 and I have Python 2.6 installed. I tried a couple
of things for setting the Python Libraries, but nothing has worked out
so far. Should they be in one of these directories

(...Python\Lib or Python\libs) or am I missing something?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Rita