[Insight-users] Image coregistration: is the 'origin' information used?

Marco Favetta Marco.Favetta at le.infn.it
Wed Mar 3 07:07:28 EST 2010

Hi all,
I am beginning to use itk for image registration, by following the
recipe given in "'Hello world' registration" in the software guide.
I read that by setting the translation parameters to (0, 0, 0) I am
selecting the identity transform (0 mm in each direction).
My question is: are translations "measured" from the top left (first
slice) voxel in the images, so that the identity transform overlays the
matrices by putting their top-left-etc voxels one on top of the other,
or is the origin information (that nifti and analyze images contain) used?
Thanks!
Best regards
Marco.