[Insight-users] Image coregistration: is the 'origin' information used?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Mar 6 17:14:52 EST 2010

Hi Marco,

Yes, ITK uses the image origin,
as well as the image spacing and image orientation,
during the process of performing image registration.

For details on how the pixel coordinates are
computed, please look at the registration tutorial:
http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/images/b/ba/Insight-Registration.ppt

You should also look at the ITK Software Guide

   http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

In particular,

A) Section 6.9.4, starting in pdf-page 254,

and

B) Chapter 8, starting in pdf-page 347.