[Insight-users] ITK_USE_OPTIMIZED_REGISTRATION_METHODS

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Mar 6 14:19:50 EST 2010

Hi Michiel,

1) You enable this variable by rerunning CMake in the
     binary directory of ITK, and going to the "Advanced"
     mode.

2)  You must first enable the variable

                 ITK_USE_REVIEW

     Then you will see the option

     ITK_USE_OPTIMIZED_REGISTRATION_METHODS

3) This flag enables the use of Multi-Threaded metrics,
     that will take advantage of your multi-processor, and
     multi-core machines. In principle, your registrations
     will run N-times faster, where N is equal to the number
     of physical cores in your computer.

4)  One of the pitfalls is increased memory consumption.

     You should monitor your memory use as your use
     these classes.