[Insight-users] Error!

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 00:22:30 EST 2010

Hi Fariba,

    Welcome to ITK!

I would really recommend reading the following references:

Insight Software Guide:
    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Tutorials:
    http://www.itk.org/ITK/help/tutorials.html
especially GettingStarted-I:
    http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-I.pdf

Regarding your specific errors:
> In cmake when I want to configure it says couldn't find Tclsh , missing
> TCL_TCLSH.
This warning can be ignored. You only need Tclsh if you plan to
generate TCL wrappers for ITK.

> ITKcommon.dll not found!
This sounds like you have not built ITK. Did you build ITK?

The steps should be as follows:
  1) Configure ITK (click the configure button in CMake)
  2) Generate ITK (click the generate button in CMake)
  3) Build ITK (if using Visual Studio on Windows, open ITK.sln and build all)
  4) Configure HelloWorld
  5) Generate HelloWorld
  6) Build HelloWorld

These steps are explained in the getting started presentation:
    http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-I.pdf

In the future, it is helpful to include the system (Windows, Linux,
etc), compiler (Visual Studio 8, GCC, etc), and ITK version (3.16,
CVS, etc) you are using. This helps us understand your issues more
easily.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dan