[Insight-users] Fwd: Re: Few questions about quad edge mesh filters

Arnaud GELAS arnaud_gelas at hms.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 17 15:09:39 EDT 2010

On 03/17/2010 02:27 PM, Arnaud GELAS wrote:
> ooops, I pressed reply not reply all...

I have just updated the doxygen documentation of the class with all
formulas!

I have also fixed the bug for the normal computation in the THURMER case
(normalizations were missing) leading to out-range values before calling
vcl_acos.
I am now running an experimental build before submitting the changes.
You'll be able to get it in few minutes

> >>  2) whenever I am using QuadEdgeMeshQuadricDecimation, the decimated
> >>  surface is obviously incorrect
> >>  (QuadEdgeMeshSquaredEdgeLengthDecimation generates very nice surface).
> >>  Attached are screenshots for the MC surface, quadrics-decimated
> >>  surface, and squared edge decimation result
> >>
> >>  Source code and test data:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3770904/QuadEdgeTests.tgz
> >>  Command line to reproduce the first problem (second issue can be
> >>  reproduced trivially by swapping the decimator): "QuadEdgeMeshTests
> >>  blob1.nrrd output_mesh.vtk 10"
> >>
> >>  I see this problem both with the latest checkout of the 3.16 branch,
> >>  and with the current trunk build.
> >>
> >>  Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?
> >>

> ok, I'll have a look that one too!

I am now looking at the decimation one!