[Insight-users] CMake 2.8 config error

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Tue Mar 23 12:02:16 EDT 2010

I am statically building cvs ITK against gdcm 2.1
on Win32 using VS 2005 express nmake with CMake 2.8.
During configuration I get this error:

Cmake Error at Utilities/MetaIO/CMakeLists.txt:104 (INSTALL):
install TARGETS given no ARCHIVE DESTINATION for static
library target "vtkmetaio".

I am doing an nmake install to a CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH
set for all my kitware projects (VTK, KWWidgets, gdcm. ITK).

I am building everything statically so that my KWWidgets app will be
deployable.
I am using a common Install path to circumvent a VS resource compiler
error involving too many includes.

Is there a setting I am missing somewhere in my cache files or is this a
bug?

Dean