[Insight-users] GetNeighborhood and Neighborhood with even size

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Mar 25 14:34:58 EDT 2010

Hi Eduardo,

1) How to calculate the mean of a neighborhood:

     Use the

               itkMeanImageFunction.h

2) How to calculate the variance of a neighborhood:

    Use the:

               itkVarianceImageFunction.h

3) To get a region of interest from an ITK neighborhood:
     You can call the GetSize(i) methods, to get the number
     of pixels along each dimension, then consider that the
     neighborhood is centered around its current position.

4)  You can create neighborhoods of even size by using the

                   itkShapedNeighborhoodIterator.h