[Insight-users] Difference between 3.4 and 3.14 for MattesMutualInformation Registration ?

Uma Ranjan usranjan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 13:26:00 EDT 2010

Dear all,

 I see a difference in the transform values (and visual performance) between
ITK 3.4 and 3.14 versions for the same images and identical parameters.

 I use VersorRigid3DTransform  with LinearInterpolateImageFunction as
interpolator,  MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric as metric and
VersorRigid3DTransformOptimizer as optimizer.

The performance seemed to be better in 3.4. Is there anything additional
that I need to specify between the two versions ?

I have set the following parameters for the optimizer :
   SetScales(optimizerScales), setMaximumStepLength(.),
setMinimumStepLength(.),SetNumberOfIterations(.), setRelaxationFactor(.),
MinimizeOn() ;

For the Metric, I set the following :

 SetNumberOfHistogramBins(), SetNumberOfSpatialSamples(.),
ReiniitalizeSeed(.),

Best regards

Uma Ranjan