[Insight-users] LandmarkWarping2.cxx artifact

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun May 2 18:20:52 EDT 2010

Hi Sara,

The planes that you are seeing in the borders of the image
are caused when the deformation is such that points of the
image are mapped outside of the domain of the input image.

In such cases, the itkWarpImageFilter by default sets those
pixels to a zero value.  If the background value of your image
is not zero, then an artificial boundary is created in those
regions.

You can fix this, by calling the method:

         wrapper->SetEdgePaddingValue( VV );

where VV should be a value equal to the background
of your image.

For example,
in a CT scan you probably want to set VV
to the value:    -1024.