[Insight-users] Wrapping ITK in OSX 10.6

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Wed May 5 11:11:34 EDT 2010

Le 5 mai 10 à 16:54, Sean McBride a écrit :

> On Wed, 5 May 2010 12:29:19 +0300, Lassi Paavolainen said:
>
>> I have tried to wrap ITK in OSX using ITK 3.18 and the latest svn of
>> wrapITK. I have used the same configuration in 64-bit Linux and
>> 32/64-bit
>> Windows without problems.
>>
>> Now everytime I try to build wrapITK, it gets stuck in
>>
>> [ 0%] Generating wrap_vcl_complex.xml
>> In file included from <built-in>:0:
>> <built-in>:0: internal compiler error: Bus error
>
> This means the compiler itself is crashing and/or failing
> disastrously.
>
> What version of Xcode do you have installed?  The latest is 3.2.2 and
> has a newer version of gcc 4.2 than previous versions.  If you see
> this
> with 3.2.2 you should file a bug with Apple:
> <https://bugreport.apple.com>
>
> A compiler should never ICE, even if given bad code.
>
> Alas, I don't have a workaround for you.  You could try a different
> compiler.  Perhaps llvm-gcc or icc?

Unfortunately the failing compilers is gccxml and it can't be replaced
easily by another one.
Have you tried with a fresh cvs check out of cableswig? A fresh check
out of wrapitk from googlecode?

I've added Brad - the maintainer of gccxml - to the recipients - maybe
he will have better idea to fix your problem.

Regards,

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann