[Insight-users] multithreading and SetNumberOfSpatialSamples( )

pinpress sb_ji at yahoo.com
Wed May 5 16:21:55 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have posted a separate question as a follow up to the following thread:

http://old.nabble.com/Are-these-metrics-based-on-%22correlation-ratio%22--td28287905.html

However, I feel that the questions are somewhat more general, so I am
posting again here with new subjects.

Basically, how can I make a registration scheme to utilize mulithread
capability, like Mattes MI or mean squares difference metrics?

Also, why SetNumberOfSpatialSamples( ) in the metrics (e.g., correlation
coefficient) does not seem to have any effect on the computation speed? How
to make it work?

By the way, my ITK library has been compiled with both the following flags
on:

         ITK_USE_REVIEW
         ITK_USE_OPTIMIZED_REGISTRATION_METHODS

Thanks very much.