[Insight-users] SetNumberOfSpatialSamples has no effect on computation time???

pinpress sb_ji at yahoo.com
Fri May 7 10:43:51 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I am performing 3D image registration with data set size of
256-by-256-by-124. Using normalized MI, or correlation coefficient, it's
really slow. Therefore, I have purposefully set SetNumberOfSpatialSamples( )
to a small number, e.g., 10% of the total number of voxels. To my dismay, it
does not seem to have any effect on the computation time.

Can I ask what's the reason? I have already set the optimization flags to be
"ON" when compiling ITK using cmake. Therefore, this function does influence
computation time when I use Mattes MI or Mean Squares Difference as the
similarity measure.

Please help. Thanks!