[Insight-users] To get ITK-VTK working

Qian Cheng qianc at ee.ethz.ch
Tue May 18 18:35:25 EDT 2010

Hi Caleb,
The code is here, very simple:
/*****************************************/
#include "itkImage.h"
#include "itkImageFileReader.h"
#include "itkImageToVTKImageFilter.h"

#include "vtkImageViewer.h"
#include "vtkRenderWindowInteractor.h"

int main(int argc, char **argv){

     typedef itk::Image<unsigned short, 2> ImageType;
     typedef itk::ImageFileReader<ImageType> ReaderType;
     typedef itk::ImageToVTKImageFilter<ImageType> FilterType;

     FilterType::Pointer connector = FilterType::New();

     reader->SetFileName(argv[1]);
     connector->SetInput(reader->GetOutput());

     vtkImageViewer *viewer = vtkImageViewer::New();

     vtkRenderWindowInteractor *renderWindowInteractor =
vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();

     viewer->SetupInteractor(renderWindowInteractor);
     viewer->SetInput(connector->GetOutput());
     viewer->Render();
     viewer->SetColorWindow(2000);
     viewer->SetColorLevel(1000);
     renderWindowInteractor->Start();