[Insight-users] ITK 3.18 exception with VS9 but not mingw or during unit tests

Wes Turner wes.turner at kitware.com
Fri May 21 09:58:41 EDT 2010

Let's see if I am understanding this correctly ... You have an ITK
installation that builds under VS 2008 and which passes (most) of the ITK
tests when ctest is run in the build directory.  When you create an external
project based on Image5.cxx and build that pointing to your ITK build, the
executable does not run.  Correct?

One quick question: Did you build your external project with the same
compiler settings as ITK (Debug/Debug or Release/Release, etc.)?  VS does
not like to mix release and debug in the same executable and strange errors
can result.

- Wes

Wesley D. Turner, Ph.D.
Kitware, Inc.