[Insight-users] ITK 3.18 exception with VS9 but not mingw or during unit tests

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri May 21 11:21:08 EDT 2010

> Thanks a lot, that does in fact seem to solve my problem on my nmake vs8 builds.
> I will try to duplicate on the vs9 builds now and update.
>
> Now I need to figure out how to install both Debug and Release libs
> for development
> and release. Do you know? I know how boost handles it. I'm not sure of the
> proper ITK way.

The best way I have found is to build itk without installing. So when
you build your application that uses itk with CMake, debug builds will
use the debug libraries and release builds it will use the release
build libraries. You just need to point CMake to the root build folder
for itk when it complains that it can not find itk.

John